Submittable is looking for experienced Front-end Engineers to build on our industry-leading platform. Your work will drive our product and how millions of people use Submittable.
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end engineer
- Deep understanding of client-rendered React and Redux components.
- Ability to make HTML and CSS sing.
- Ideally, you have some experience in C#, .NET, and AWS but not required.
- Ability to communicate well with users, our product team, and our back-end engineers
- Interest in mentoring junior engineers and an eagerness to share your knowledge with other engineers
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 60+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software you design will be used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--among our staff are professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes. If you live in a city as many of us used to do, there's a fairly good chance you will experience a dramatic increase in quality of life after moving to Montana.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents and upcoming on-site childcare center
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
- Fully stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.