More than degrees or particular skill sets, we're looking for obsessive, self-motivated people who have done one or two things in their lives that most people would consider exceptional or very interesting. As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire team members who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, culture, and socioeconomics.
Submittable is a feature-rich submission and content workflow platform which allows groups and collaborators in many industries to accept, review, and manage submissions. Attachments that are traditionally sent via email can be bulky, burdensome, and difficult to send around to a group trying to collaborate on a project. Aggregating all these submissions and applications at times makes decision-making on that project difficult, and this is where Submittable has rendered its success. Companies like NBC, SpaceX, Amazon, and the New Yorker all use Submittable as a centralized tool to have everyone work on one platform to collaborate, share notes, and make decisions much faster than before. PLEASE REVIEW The Submittable Website and be familiar with as much as you can before applying. You are a better candidate with the more knowledge you have coming in!
- MUST have very acute and fine attention to detail
- MUST have no reservations about making calls to prospects
- MUST be task-oriented, and schedule-oriented
- MUST be able to understand new software and its role in enhancing the workplace of prospective clients across a variety of industries
- MUST be able to self-task, and committed to reaching out to prospective clients (phone)
- MUST be logical, able to identify rank-of-importance in their workflow, and hard-working
- MUST have knowledge of common softwares like PDF, Word, Excel, and adept at learning new ones like HubSpot, MadMimi, webinar software, etc.
- MUST be a fun and hard-working person!
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $30,000 annual base, and should expect up to $40,000 performance-based bonus
- Healthcare included
- 401(k) offered
- Free license to raid our stocked kitchen
We have cut our teeth and have thousands of clients in the literary and magazine space. We have well-established software with years of development behind it and we are in a very exciting point in our growth as a company. We are beyond the early years of fighting and clawing to make a name, and we're also not a gigantic entity where our employees are just cogs in the wheel. We need energetic and hard-working go-getters to help us broaden our reach. The job entails using our lists of prospected clients to reach out, showcase our product, and bring home the client. We are looking for both seasoned veterans in the sales world as well as people who are just getting started but who have the attitude and ability to adapt and position the product best suited for the prospect on the other line. We reach out to prospects primarily via phone, but also via email and prospecting software.
Want to learn more? Please send your resume and cover letter and let us know a little bit about yourself!
The Submittable Team
Description: We're looking for a Senior UX/UI designer to join our design team.
You would be responsible for every aspect of our platform that is used or seen by people. You must be obsessively detail-oriented, empathetic, and have a unique aesthetic.
You won't be starting from scratch. To be successful, you'll have to be enthusiastic about our existing UX and continuing to grow it.
You'll also have to be comfortable continuously iterating within our team and from feedback by people using Submittable.
Experience/Skills We Look For:
- Obsessiveness to detail
- Experience designing for successful SaaS or Consumer platforms.
- Ideally an art, design, or architecture background
Submittable is based in Missoula, Montana which is routinely ranked one of the Most Livable Cities in the US. Our office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 3 miles from the Bitterroot Wilderness. Housing costs 1/3 that of NYC and SF. We're the only YCombinator company to ever come out of Montana. We have over 9000 clients in over 63 countries including CBS, MIT, The New Yorker, The LA Times, and more. As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire team members who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds. We're profitable and venture-backed.
All offers include a season pass to Snowbowl (it's amazing, like skiing in 1977). Work is optional on any day with over 8 inches of fresh powder.
The software you design will be used by over a million people every month.
Description: We're looking for front-end developers with mobile experience.
JS, CSS, and HTML. Ideally you have some design chops and know your way around Photoshop and most design software. In general, your work should speak for itself.
- Creativity is always good.
- Willingness to commit to 10-30 hours of work per week.
- Although we are a pretty flexible organization we want someone who can achieve the goals and deliverables that are established.
- A good attitude is HUGE. We like to work hard but are always having fun while we do it.
- Hands-on experience.
- If you're willing to get your hands dirty, we will share as much information and knowledge as possible so you walk away with a great experience
- This is a paid fellowship. We can also set up college credit if needed.
- Future possibilities - We are a growing company and you never know what will happen or who we may introduce you to.
In general, we seek talented and self-motivated people in any discipline who strive to make useful things for millions of people. We particularly value people who don't fit the majority of existing job descriptions but are obsessive about what they do. If possible, please include specifics on how you'll improve our company or products. Send resumes that make us jealous.
(Note: You can also submit music or artwork in an MP3, PNG, or JPG if that best represents your talents.)