Submittable is seeking outbound Sales Development Representatives to join our team in Missoula, MT. We are a thoughtful, engaged team with diverse interests. This is a full-time position, ideal for professionals early in their sales careers who have cold-calling experience. Remote candidates are not being considered for this role at this time.
An ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Desire to work for a dynamic tech startup with great potential
- Solid grasp of sales strategies
- Proven ability to generate business opportunities from cold lead lists
- Ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills
- Drive to build positive relationships with leads and colleagues
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent time-management skills
- Tendency toward problem solving
- Comfort with a frequently-changing work environment. We learn and adapt our processes as we grow.
- Experience with CRM systems is a plus
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
Position responsibilities include:
- Nurturing leads from Cold > Marketing > Sales Qualified
- Setting calls and demos for Sales Representatives
- Generating business opportunities from cold lead lists. We reach prospects primarily via phone, but also by email
- Contacting clients to understand their business problem and why they are looking for software
- Learning internal processes associated with lead follow up and strategies to nurture and close
- Ensuring prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries
- Gaining solid understanding of Submittable SaaS platform and how its features and workflow functions apply to various submission and application workflows.
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 130+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.