Submittable has created the best childcare center in Montana and is searching for an outstanding Substitute Early Childhood Lead Teacher. The Substitute Early Childhood Lead Teacher is responsible for providing exceptional care for the safety, health, and happiness of the smallest members of the Submittable team. The childcare center is located in Submittable’s headquarters in Missoula, Montana.
This is an on-call position and pays $16.83/hour. The position reports to Submittable’s Childcare Center Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care for children age 2 and under with a continual dedication to engagement, warmth, and safety
- Promote and incorporate Submittable’s culture and values into all program activities
- Work with the team of childcare staff to create a childcare experience that is second to none
- Communicate with parents in a manner that is professional, informative, and clear
- Maintain licensing compliance and stay up-to-date on certifications and immunizations
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants
- Present appropriate curriculum to promote healthy youth development
- Ensure adequate physical activity and nutrition to promote lifelong healthy living
- Ensure program safety and manage risk appropriately
- At least 18 years of age (required)
- Current Montana Practitioner Registry Level 2 or higher OR 2 years of experience in a licensed childcare facility, plus 32 hours of ECP approved training (required)
- Current adult, child, and infant CPR, first aid certification, and Infant Safety Essentials (within 30 days of hire)
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not accommodate employment or scholastic visas.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to interpret and enforce all safety and health regulations
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other staff participants, parents, and the general public. A high degree of tact and discretion is required
- Ability to quickly respond to emergency situations
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Ability to speak concisely and to effectively communicate needs
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically with young children
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle conflicts in a timely and professional manner
- This highly physical role frequently requires lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, rocking, and other movements associated with childcare.
- Must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to communicate clearly to all children, parents, members, and company personnel
- Ability to attend all trainings and meetings as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Occasionally must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, or up to 50 pounds with assistance
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 100 valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, and an employee-paid on-site daycare center for infants and toddlers up to age 2
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.