Submittable is seeking Sales Representatives in the Higher Education territory to join our rapidly growing team in Missoula, MT. This is a full-time position and reports to a Sales Manager.
An ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Desire to work for a dynamic tech startup with great potential
- Proven ability to surpass performance goals and quotas
- Previous SaaS sales experience in higher education
- Solid understanding of higher ed-specific sales strategies and ability to improve and adapt those for each opportunity
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Proven effective presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Comfort with a frequently changing work environment. We learn and adapt our processes as we grow.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
Position responsibilities include:
- Consistently hitting monthly productivity and revenue goals
- Delivering effective messaging and product demos to contacts at all levels at an institution
- Gathering thorough information about opportunities to assess their alignment with Submittable’s product and services
- Communicating clearly, effectively, and professionally
- Nurturing opportunities to close with deliberate, thoughtful sales strategies
- Mastering all internal processes and maintaining complete, thorough records
- Becoming proficient in all software used by the Sales Department and across Submittable, including Submittable's internal software, SalesForce, etc.
- Coordinating with Sales Manager to create customized sales plans for every opportunity
- Communicating pertinent information internally to improve marketing and sales activities
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 100+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, and employee-paid on-site childcare
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.