Spend your summer in Missoula, Montana. Submittable is looking for students with exceptional software development skills to work alongside our Engineering team for the summer of 2020. We are looking for candidates with unique skills that help us solve a business need. For example:
- You are familiar with machine learning and would like to help us build recommendations based on the works that writers submit to publishers.
- You are passionate about natural language processing and would be interested in analyzing the text of millions of literary works.
- You are great with SQL and C# and want to help us build internal REST APIs that power the app and scale to handle tens of thousands of daily visitors.
- We are open to other ideas, too, if you have a unique skill set that could contribute. Tell us your ideas!
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
What can you expect in return?
- This is a paid fellowship. We can also set up college credit if needed.
- Great experience building real products used by millions of people.
- You’ll work with a smart, friendly, and thoughtful team that is eager to help you grow and succeed.
- Future possibilities - We are a growing company, and we enjoy introducing great developers to our friends.
What past fellows are saying:
It was the perfect opportunity to use the skills I had learned in college and to work in an environment where you're truly needed, while learning more and more every day. - Nicole Hermoso
The Submittable fellowship gives you the opportunity to go deep in your area of interest and ship code that will have a big impact on users. You will also have access to high quality engineers who are eager to mentor and provide assistance. Submittable is a great environment for anyone interested in technology and entrepreneurship. - Simon Orlovsky @simonthebarber
It was an amazing opportunity to learn about software development outside of a classroom and to advance my skills as a developer. - Austin Herron
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who are also all engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 100+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software you develop will be used by over a million people every month. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents and employee-paid on-site childcare center for infants and children up to age 2
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.