Submittable is looking for a Lead Product Manager with the insight and management mojo to oversee company strategies and product development.
This is a full-time position in Missoula, MT, and reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
What you will do:
- Manage one or many Submittable solutions and their roadmaps
- Drive the cycle of product line management based on deep insights from customer interactions, competitive analysis, company strategy, and product telemetry. That includes ideation, evaluation, definition, and prioritization in collaboration with Feature PMs, designing features for specific solutions and services to leapfrog and outpace our competitors.
- Define the solution vision, goals, definition, pricing, and segmentation and drive both short- and long-term execution plans. Facilitate and gain buy-ins from key stakeholders: Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Engineering, and CPO (CEO).
- Mock-up product concepts, user functional flows, and high level wireframes; author clear user story boards and customer journey maps; and write concise user stories to define not just what our products are but also how our products work to delight our customers
- Work with our offshore engineering team to ensure on-time, high quality deliveries
- Provide readiness to the rest of the company, particularly Sales, Marketing, and Support
- Define quantitative and qualitative success metrics and constantly evaluate if our solutions meet our business goals both before and after their release
- Act as a Product Owner in our Agile development process: Prepare and present prioritized roughly estimated user stories at planning, provide product and sprints updates to key stakeholders, ensure stories are properly groomed before planning, communicate clearly and in a timely manner on any open issues, work with engineering leads and management to allocate resources, demo sprint results and integrate feedback at Sprint Demos, and ship features and solutions on quality, on quantity, on schedule, and on budget
- Sign off on features, enhancements, and bugs before we roll out to production
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure performance, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and manageability of our solutions
- Triage bugs and work with Engineering to schedule fixes; communicate with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Own Product Management processes: continuously improve their efficiency and effectiveness to improve quality and time to market
- Super nice. “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.” -Norman Maclean
- Proven and highly developed product management and project management skills
- Being a Lead PM means you are ultimately responsible for the final delivery without the position authority. With strong impact and influence skills, you are able to demonstrate the implicit leadership to rally the team to deliver quality results.
- Very motivated, driven, and super smart while a total team player
- High self-awareness and always looking for ways to better yourself
- Ability to look at the big picture while maintaining attention to detail
- Amazing communication skills - both written and verbal
- Fast learner and open to feedback
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake National Recreation Area. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents and upcoming employee-paid on-site childcare center
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.