Submittable is seeking an experienced Human Resource Specialist to join our rapidly growing team in Missoula, Montana. This is a full-time position and reports to the Head of People.
The HR Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the recruiting process, including crafting and posting job openings online; planning for and representing Submittable at career fairs; scheduling phone and in-person interviews with candidates; vetting and responding to job applications; creating and maintaining online hiring pages on sites such as LinkedIn and GlassDoor; and sourcing a diverse range of candidates
- Managing the new hire onboarding process, including scheduling new hire trainings; working with the office manager to ensure new hires are set up with the right equipment and software; sending new hire forms; and planning and implementing additional new hire programs
- Being the main point person for benefits enrollment and changes, sharing benefits information with employees, managing the issuing of insurance cards and debit cards, and communicating with service providers concerning administration of benefits programs
- Managing the employee offboarding process, including COBRA administration and reviewing COBRA bills for accuracy
- Maintaining the employee handbook and other employee resources
- Writing and maintaining employee job descriptions
- Building and administering employee performance initiatives, such as performance improvement plans and tracking objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Staying up-to-date on employment laws, being the main point of contact within the company for employment law questions and ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
- Assisting with grant fund processing and administration
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 2+ years in Human Resources
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR certified
- Empathy, curiosity, and attention to detail
- Skilled communicator and listener, with a high EQ
- Enjoys problem solving
- Experience with and a passion for building diversity and inclusion initiatives and recruiting for diversity
- Comfort with a fast-growing company and frequently-changing work environment.
About Submittable: Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing and kayaking, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from wilderness hiking. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too—our team includes professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers, and former chefs. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 1-3 minutes.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents and an upcoming daycare center
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.