Submittable is looking for a skilled Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance department. The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides financial and administrative services with great potential to grow within the company. This is a full-time position located in our headquarters in Missoula, MT.
Primary Duties Include:
- Managing A/R collection
- Developing and maintaining a system that organizes the account collection process, including tracking communications, tracking account status, and developing an approval process for writing off/canceling accounts
- Preparing and emailing invoices to customers
- Posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Assisting our Technical Support department with billing, payment, and subscription management questions
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
- Proficient in QuickBooks or Netsuite
- Ability and willingness to learn new software
- Must be self-motivated and possess good verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years accounts receivable and/or general accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or business-related field preferred
This position reports to the Controller.
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who are also all engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 70+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 3 miles from the Bitterroot Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.