Submittable is looking for a Product Designer to help shape the design of our industry-leading platform. We thrive on creating elegant solutions for the organizations that rely on us to facilitate their submission and review processes. This is a full-time position located in our headquarters in Missoula, MT.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the creation and launch of new features by designing wireframes, flows, prototypes, detailed mockups, and graphic assets.
- Refine and improve existing features based on feedback and design best practices.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure design is leveraged throughout the product development process.
- Incorporate design thinking, quantitative and qualitative data, and whatever inputs you deem relevant into your design process.
- 3+ years designing user interfaces for desktop and mobile experiences
- Exceptional visual and user interface design skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex user tasks and workflows and distill them into clean, understandable solutions
- Empathy, curiosity, and an obsessiveness to detail
- Comfortable with a highly collaborative, iterative design process driven by group critique
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in a fast-paced, multi-project environment that values progress and results over process
- Experience designing SaaS or Consumer platforms a plus
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who are also all engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 70+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software you design will be used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 3 miles from the Bitterroot Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.