Submittable is looking for experienced Front-end Engineers to build on our industry-leading platform. Your work will very much drive our product and how people use Submittable. We are a thoughtful, engaged team with diverse interests.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a front-end engineer
- Ideally, you have some knowledge about the rest of the stack
- You communicate well with users, our product team, and our back-end engineers
- You are interested in mentoring junior-level engineers and are eager to share your knowledge with other engineers
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 11,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, National Geographic, and The Kennedy Center. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 60+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software you design will be used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, and optional HSA and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.