Submittable is seeking an Outbound Sales Representative to join our fast-paced team in Missoula, Montana. We are a thoughtful, engaged team with diverse interests. This is a full-time position.
An ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Desire to work for a dynamic tech startup with great potential
- Solid understanding of sales strategies and ability to improve and adapt those for each lead
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Proven effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Drive to achieve goals and quotas through outbound prospecting
- Previous SaaS sales experience
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Comfort with a frequently changing work environment. We learn and adapt our processes as we grow.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
Position responsibilities include:
- Providing effective calls and product demos with clients
- Creating and cultivating all opportunities through self-sourced and lead list prospecting
- Gathering info from leads to assess their business problem and its alignment with Submittable
- Communicating clearly, effectively, and professionally
- Nurturing leads to close with deliberate, thoughtful sales strategies
- Mastering all internal processes and data entry associated with moving leads through the sales process
- Providing prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries
- Becoming proficient in all software used by the Sales Department and across Submittable (such as Submittable's internal software, HubSpot, and Intercom)
- Gaining an excellent understanding of Submittable software and how its features and workflow functions apply to various use cases
- Communicating product and pricing details clearly across multiple channels
- Coordinating with Sales Manager to create customized sales plans for key clients
- Learning reporting techniques and processes to help visualize progress from a revenue perspective
- Consistently hitting monthly revenue goals
- Sharing pertinent information regarding client verticals to improve marketing and sales activities
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 130+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing and kayaking, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from wilderness hiking. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too—our team includes professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), and former chefs. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ¼ to ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 2-3 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.