Submittable is seeking an Account Renewal Specialist to join our rapidly growing team in Missoula, Montana. You will be responsible for identifying and managing customer stakeholders, identifying and mitigating potential renewal roadblocks, enhancing a smooth renewal experience for customers, and liaising with internal teams to ensure maximum product usage and value recognition from their investment in the platform. You will act as the primary point of contact for our internal teams throughout the renewal journey, engaging resources across Submittable to enable the adoption and expansion of the Submittable product.
This is a full-time position in Missoula, MT, and reports to the Manager of the Account Management team.
What you'll do:
- Ensure new clients are consuming software from day one to renewal (throughout the customer journey)
- Support a monthly renewal rate of 96%
- Partner with Account Managers, Technical Support, and Onboarding on best solutions for customers
- Work with the Manager of the Account Management team, using quarterly reports (1st quarter and final quarter of contract) to identify total dollars, potential risk, and plans put in place
- Maintain clear and consistent records for every custom quote renewal, flagging appropriate people, and following up on the opportunity
- Collaborative work across departments including but not limited to: Sales, Technical Support, Onboarding, Account Management, Finance, and Product
- 1+ year experience working with Submittable software, either front- or back-end
- Experience working with CRMs
- Proven experience in renewal and retention focused ARR management
- Self-starter with good time management skills and organizational skills to ensure renewals are processed in a timely and professional manner
- Strong commercial mindset to identify potential upsell and cross-sell opportunities throughout the renewal process
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to build, create, and maintain great relationships
- High degree of professionalism
- “Growth-hacker” mindset; ability to think creatively and find unique opportunities to create growth
- Comfortable making technical decisions autonomously; ability to learn new and/or unfamiliar technologies quickly to meet Marketing team requests
- Problem identification, data analyzation, and solution recommendation philosophy
- Team player willing to step outside the role and help where needed to grow a young and evolving company
- Desire to work in a start-up environment that is continually changing
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas.
Founded in 2010, Submittable is a submission management platform used by 10,000+ clients in over 63 countries, including CBS, MIT, and National Geographic. Started by a novelist, a musician, and a filmmaker who all also happened to be engineers, Submittable is now a rapidly growing company of 130+ valued and thriving employees with diverse backgrounds and interests. The software is used by over a million people every month.
Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from the Rattlesnake Wilderness. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too--we also have, among our staff, professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers (even poets!), former chefs, and a quilter who once won third place in the county fair. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 5 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, DCA, and Commuter Benefits accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, and an employee-paid on-site daycare center for infants and toddlers up to age 2
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.