Submittable is creating the best childcare center in Montana and is searching for an outstanding Full-time Early Childhood Lead Teacher. The Early Childhood Lead Teacher is responsible for providing exceptional care for the safety, health, and happiness of the smallest members of the Submittable team. The childcare center was launched in September 2019 and is located in Submittable’s headquarters in Missoula, Montana.
This is an hourly, full-time, 30 hours/week position and pays $16.83/hour with benefits. The position reports to Submittable’s Childcare Center Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care for children age 2 and under with a continual dedication to engagement, warmth, and safety
- Promote and incorporate Submittable’s cultures and values into all program activities
- Work with the team of childcare staff to create a childcare experience that is second to none
- Communicate with parents in a manner that is professional, informative, and clear
- Maintain licensing compliance and stay up-to-date on certifications and immunizations
- Participate in parent tours and registrations as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants (registration help, schedule changes, questions, etc.)
- Prepare and present appropriate curriculum to promote healthy youth development
- Ensure adequate physical activity and nutrition to promote lifelong healthy living
- Ensure program safety and manage risk appropriately
- At least 18 years of age (required)
- Current Montana Practitioner Registry Level 2 or higher OR 2 years of experience in a licensed childcare facility, plus 32 hours of ECP approved training (required)
- Current adult, child, and infant CPR, first aid certification, and Infant Safety Essentials (within 30 days of hire)
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not accommodate employment or scholastic visas.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to interpret and enforce all safety and health regulations
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other staff participants, parents, and the general public. A high degree of tact and discretion is required
- Ability to quickly respond to emergency situations
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Ability to speak concisely and to effectively communicate needs
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically with young children
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle conflicts in a timely and professional manner
- Must be able to occasionally work varied shifts dependent on events and staffing needs
- This highly physical role frequently requires lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, rocking, and other movements associated with childcare.
- Must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to communicate clearly to all children, parents, members, and company personnel
- Ability to attend all trainings and meetings as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Occasionally must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, or up to 50 pounds with assistance
About Submittable: Based in Missoula, Montana, Submittable’s office is 1 block from surfing and kayaking, 7 miles from skiing, and 5 miles from wilderness hiking. If you’re not into sports or the outdoors, many of us have other interests, too—our team includes professional musicians, accomplished artists, published writers, and former chefs. Our average "commute" time is 10 minutes, with many staff biking or walking to our office in downtown Missoula. Housing costs ¼ to ⅓ that of NYC and SF (10% of Submittable employees are first-time home buyers). The average TSA wait time at Missoula International Airport is 1-3 minutes.
We offer highly competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, and optional HSA and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents, and an employee-paid on-site daycare center for children up to age 2
- Discounted fitness memberships, personal development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Thank you for your interest.